Helping to release people from debt, poverty and their causes. Services are run through local churches to tackle poverty head on by providing a real solution to debt.
Free debt advice service, food bank and other services for people in crisis like homelessness night shelter in the derby area
Free independent specialist advice, advocacy and representation for families and individuals facing crisis, to prevent and alleviate homelessness, debt and housing difficulty.
Citizens Advice & Law Centre provide free, confidential and impartial advice for the community in the Derby area in issues such as Welfare Benefits, Debt Advice, Housing among others.
Benefit & Budgeting Calculator
Welcome to the Benefit and Budgeting Calculator by Policy in Practice.
Using this calculator, you can:
- Find out which welfare benefits you could receive
- Know how your income will change with Universal Credit
- Compare your income under the current system and Universal Credit
- See how much income will be left after paying your housing costs
- Access links to claim for benefits
Start your calculation here